savepoint & rollback problem

From: Ford Colin <Oxy_at_oxycutor.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 22:47:42 -0000

I can run the savepoint command in oracle to create a point to rollback to.

e.g

sql>savepoint colin;

however when I need to rollback to this point I am getting

SQL> rollback to colin;
rollback to colin
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01086: savepoint 'COLIN' never established

Our developers use a lot of savepoints in the code, so it's a real problem. we've recently had a major server crash, and the database has had to be re-built. I may have missed something in setting it up again, if you know of a way to fix this, please help

your thankfully

Colin Ford Received on Tue Feb 08 2000 - 16:47:42 CST