Help on installation of oracle on linux

From: Pramod Immaneni <pramod_at_gerry.eas.asu.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 15:09:31 -0700

Hi all,

        I have a problem installing oracle 8i on my intel linux box. The machine meets the required specifications both in terms of hardware and software.

I get the following error while installation

Initializing Java Virtual Machine from /usr/local/jre/bin/jre. Please wait...
Error in CreateOUIProcess(): -1
: Bad address

Any help will be appreciated.

It will be great if you could mail the reply to e-mail id pramod_at_gerry.eas.asu.edu.

Bye,
Pramod. Received on Tue Feb 08 2000 - 16:09:31 CST