Re: recovering tablespace room

From: Jay Scheiner <jxs_at_wolpofflaw.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 00:07:07 GMT

Perhaps I was not clear enough. I have moved the tables to another tablespace (well, I'm working on it, and learning as I go). I dropped the tables in the SYSTEM tablespace, but the files on the disk drive are still huge. Can the files be compated/purged of data that is no longer logically there but perhaps still physically present?