Listener sucks up 100% CPU -- 8i/Linux 6.1

From: <billmil_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 20:10:46 GMT

Occasionally one of our listener processes "goes rogue" and sucks up all the CPU on the system.

In the last occurrence, the offending process had the name "TNS V1- V3". "Lsnrctl Stop" wouldn't kill it, nor would the plain-old "kill." (I had to use "kill -9".) This time, also, the listener process generated a 2.1 Gig trace file (curiously close to the max file size in Linux) after an ORA-04020 deadlock occurred. This trace seems to infinitely loop through the same adress.

Note: we have frequent problems with deadlocks, though we've have not identified the source--i.e. nothing obvious in the code and suggestions from deadlock experts haven't eliminated the problem yet.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

bill milbratz
neodesic
chicago

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 08 2000 - 14:10:46 CST