Re: Multi-Column Partition keys

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 19:23:16 -0000

First point - you can't do multi-dimensional partitioning with partitioned tables (except in limited cases with composite partitions).

Second point - I don't think it wouldn't help you if you could. Your query allows start time to range over all possibly values, and also allows end time to range over all possible values.

Indexes on start time and end time separately would help for the first two predicates, but the main problem comes from the third
predicate.

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk