upgrading to Oracle8 - couple of questions

From: <farrellyr5408_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 17:30:27 GMT

I am going to be upgrading our database to Oracle8 and I have a couple of questions on it. I will be doing it by Export/Import. Right now we have a test and production database, I will obviously do the test first. I will install the Oracle software in a new Oracle Home then I will create services then the database. Before I do the Import of the Oracle7 database, I have to create the datafiles/tablespaces, rollback segments etc., does the path name for these files matter? I'm just a little unsure how the import works and how all these files will be imported into the correct file. I'm also a little unsure of what has to be in the create database script.

Thank you for your help.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 08 2000 - 11:30:27 CST