How to compare passwords?

From: Chris Ermlich <cermlich_at_swri.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 10:50:20 -0600

Hi folks,
I'm running into a verification problem. We are trying to provide an authentication layer to an application where the app will check if the user entered a valid password. I can get the encrypted pw out od DBA_USERS. Is there a way to run the password encryption manually so I can compare the submitted password to the encrypted one out of DBA_USERS? Obviously, there is no way of getting the "real" password out of Oracle. The authentication is happening before the user logs on, so I can't just trap an invalid logon (e.g. viaVisual Basic ERR function).
Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris Ermlich
cermlich_at_swri.edu Received on Tue Feb 08 2000 - 10:50:20 CST