How to know the current number of open cursors?

From: <kerbiquet_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 10:37:36 GMT

I would like to know the total number of currently open cursors on my Oracle 8.0.6 instance.

In V$OPEN_CURSOR, I have only 20 entries In V$SYSTEM_CURSOR_CACHE, I have OPENS=700 and this number is growing fast.

What is the current number of open cursors? 20 or 700 or something else?

An another question:
In a Pro*C if I do not CLOSE a cursor, is this one keep open even when the session closed?

Thanks for your help.

Pierre

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 08 2000 - 04:37:36 CST