Sun SPARC Solaris 7 -- SEMMNS and SEMMSL

From: tiny anklet bells <nroshak_at_hcs.harvard.edu>
Date: 8 Feb 2000 04:59:46 GMT

I'm running a bunch of Oracle 8 databases on a Sun SPARC Solaris 7 box. I need to adjust the SEMMSL and SEMMNS kernel parameters to accomodate a couple of new databases (several separate databases are required for development/testing purposes here). I know that if I set semaphore parameters too high, I can break the system so hard it won't boot. Trouble is that my sysadmin doesn't know what the max values are, or where to find out. How can I find out the max values of these parameters for our server?

Thanks,

Natalka Roshak Received on Mon Feb 07 2000 - 22:59:46 CST