Invalid Procedures Problem

From: F.N.Allan <F.N.Allan_at_powersharp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 23:54:36 -0000

I am using Oracle workflow (2.0.3) with Oracle Web server (2.5) on Oracle 7.3.4.0.0.

A can contruct packages that depend on each other and compile them, however, I have one system where there are a couple of invalid package bodies, which I cannot get compiled, or, when I do they become invalid again when I try to use them.

SQL> Select substr ( object_name , 1,30 ) object_name , object_type from user_objects;

Object_Name                                  Object_Type
WF_Monitor                                    Package Body
WF_Standard                                  Package Body

SQL> alter package wf_monitor compile body;

Package body Altered.

SQL> Select substr ( object_name , 1,30 ) object_name , object_type from user_objects;

Object_Name                                  Object_Type
WF_Monitor                                    Package Body
WF_Standard                                  Package Body

SQL> alter package wf_standard compile body;

Package body Altered.

SQL> Select substr ( object_name , 1,30 ) object_name , object_type from user_objects;

Object_Name                                  Object_Type
WF_Monitor                                    Package Body
WF_Standard                                  Package Body

On the rare occations that I have successfully compiled all the objects, they become invalid again when I simply call them through the WEB page. In particular, a call is made to wf_monitor.html, but the browser appears to hang, and on checking the compiled state, the routines are marked invalid again.

Thankyou for all help received.

F W Allan
F.W.Allan_at_powersharp.demon.co.uk Received on Mon Feb 07 2000 - 17:54:36 CST