oas 4.0.7.1 mime_header and cookies

From: <the_guzman_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 19:48:59 GMT

I am passing cookies through the http header. I call mime_header, a send, and then a header_close as shown below.

owa_util.mime_header('text/html', FALSE); owa_cookie.send('COOKIE',

               '-x',
               Sysdate + 1,
               owa_util.get_owa_service_path);
owa_util.http_header_close;

This all worked beautifully in OAS 3.0. But since I've migrated to OAS 4.0.7.1 with the accompaning PL/SQL toolkit, the cookies are not being created on the local machine. Basically, the header information is now being displayed as text at the top of the page so obviously the cookie is not being created.
ie:
Set-Cookie: COOKIE=-x; expires=Tuesday, 08-Feb-2000 22:39:55 GMT; path=/hi/there/;
<HTML>
<HEAD> ...

I've noticed a couple of other entries in this forum concerning the mime_header. I'm pretty sure I am not issuing any other print statements before the mime_header clause. I tried the owa_util.showpage before calling the mime_header and nothing changes.

I've ruled out the webserver being the problem, since I can still run the old OAS 3.0 app successfully.

Does anyone know if this is an Oracle toolkit bug or if there are any other solutions?

Thanks,

Rich

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Feb 07 2000 - 13:48:59 CST