startup bug?

From: <kal121_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 18:41:38 GMT

Does this seem weird to anybody?
v.8.1.5.0.2 for Linux RH 6.1

[oracle_at_persian oracle]$ svrmgrl

Oracle Server Manager Release 3.1.5.0.0 - Production

(c) Copyright 1997, Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.5.0.2 - Production With the Partitioning and Java options
PL/SQL Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production

SVRMGR> connect kal/secret_at_prod as sysdba Connected.
SVRMGR> shutdown
Database closed.
Database dismounted.
ORACLE instance shut down.
SVRMGR> startup
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

It allows me shutdown, but then I can't start it up again because I have "insufficient privileges"! Sysdba and sysoper privs *are* assigned to kal.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Feb 07 2000 - 12:41:38 CST