Need Advice on Hot Backup

From: Van Messner <vmessnerNOvmSPAM_at_discovernet.com.invalid>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 10:36:30 -0800

   Til now I've had the luxury of shutting down our databases each night for cold backup. The new UNIX internet database, isolated from the network, needs to run 24x7. So I'll be going to a hot backup solution.

   I'm looking for a quick summary, pros and cons, of various strategies including the use of any third-party software.

   The database is mall now but may grow to 100G over the next few years.

Thanks,

Van