Re: OCI question - OPS$ logon

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 07 Feb 2000 08:22:39 -0500

car_door_at_hotmail.com writes:

> We have an Oracle user called ops$foo that corresponds the Unix user
> foo. We've been unable to get OCILogon or OCISessionBegin to validate
> this user. We set the password and username attributes of the
> OCISession handle to zero length empty strings, but no matter what, we
> get an invalid userid/password error from OCILogon and OCISessionBegin.
> Do these two routines support OPS$ logons? If so, what do I need to be
> passing them? The OCI doc makes no mention of OPS$ logons.
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

As I don't know what error you are getting, I'll have to make a guess. Anyway, have you enabled the REMOTE_OS_AUTHENT parameter in your init.ora? If not, enable it and bounce the database. That should fix the problem. --

                                        Rick
                                        Rick Wessman
                                        Security and Directory Technologies
                                        Server Technologies
                                        Oracle Corporation
                                        rwessman_at_us.oracle.com

       The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
             necessarily represent those of  Oracle Corporation.