rman + nocatalog

From: G.Ong <onggs_at_acslink.aone.net.au>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 22:54:58 +1100

Hi,

I need advice about using RMAN without catalog. I have only one machine with a database using 8.1.5.1 and Solaris 2.7; all files are on mirrored disks. We got RMAN to talk to NetBackup + will schedule a nightly 'hot' full backup. In addition, I perform the normal database controlfile backup after the RMAN run.
Will this be sufficient to recover if I lost all controlfiles ?

TIA,
Ghee Received on Mon Feb 07 2000 - 05:54:58 CST