cached table questions

From: Francois Junod <fjunod_at_swissquote.ch>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 12:00:09 +0100

Hello,

I cached a table, to get better performance, using the following commands :

alter table emp cache;
select * from emp;

Questions :

  1. How can I see the cached tables and their size in memory ?
  2. Where are they cached, in the shared pool or included with the db blocks buffers ? Which parameter should I increase to pin tables in memory ?
  3. Is a cached table only used when I run a select statement or is it used for update statement as well ?
  4. What occurs with an insert statement on a cached table ? Is the new row stay in memory ?

Any advises or experiences about cached table are welcome.

Francois Received on Mon Feb 07 2000 - 05:00:09 CST