sync of control files

From: chad <chadopp_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 17:25:09 -0800

Hi,

We are running Solaris 2.5.1 with Oracle7. Our oracle has a dedicated raid disk. I did a complete restore of our solaris system boot disk. Now when I attempt to start oracle I get an ORA-00214: control file '/db0/dbs/ctrl1dbs1.ctl' version 3237 inconsistent with file '/home/oracle/dbs/ctrl2dbs2.ctl'. /home is part of the unix file system that I restored. /db0 is the dedicated raid that oracle runs on. I compared these 2 files and the time stamp is different. How do I sync these up? I have several control files with the same error. I know that when it was running properly these files always had the same time stamp. What is the best way to solve this problem.

Thanks for any help. Received on Sun Feb 06 2000 - 19:25:09 CST