Re: Monitor Queries

From: kyle hailey <NOSPAMhailey_kyle_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 15:58:30 -0800

Just run sql_trace=true in the init.ora for the who database or you can trace in the user session with sql_trace=true or you can trace a session as dba with oradebug in svrmgr or with dbms_session.trace_session (or something like that).

On accessing data quickly in you previous post, whether you use plsq or proc or oci shouldn't make that much difference compared to how the data is accessed ie sql query, in memory, indexes, partitioned etc. There can be differences in ProC and plsql but they usually can be gotten rid of. You can even run plsql in ProC. ProC offfers the possibility during precompile of how you treat cursors ie release=no and hold=yes. Plsql can be neat for tricks like having several queries in one block and for "commit" without a log file sync (pretty cool) until the block is finished but these are benchmark type tricks and data layout and access plan is far far more important.

Best
Kyle

PS cool email address