[Q] bandwidth requirements for version 11

From: <mitiste_at_charlie.iit.edu>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 00:07:42 GMT

        Having had an unfortunate experience with 7.x (and having had to resort to NT Terminal Server running individual sessions for users placed remotely on WAN links, rather than being able to use the NT based Oracle FAT client), and in the light of an attempted move to the highly praised version 11 (NCA and Web, and bla, bla, bla), I was wondering if anybody here in this group has/had or knows of somebody having had personal experience with the new web based version(s) of Oracle (not the "i", bur only 11 f/NT)?

        I have come across two opposite views: those that say that one would need zillions of Mb(B)/s pipes, for the applets download using Oracle 11, while others saying that ver 11 has only ONE applet downloadable at the beginning of the session, thus no worry for slow WAN links. I am trying to be prepared for the "upcoming" event of this new version, and analyze the whole concept in the light of my WAN links (most of them 8/16/32K frame relay) - I might have to resort to - yet again - an unsupported solution (Terminal Server or Citrix), or some web caching servers at the "client" end of my pipes, if need be ....

	Anybody ?!?
	TIA,
	Stef