OEM 2.0.4 Backup Error

From: Mike Carter <mike_at_delriotech.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 17:15:24 -0600

I am receiving the following error while trying to run a full database backup from the OEM 2.0.4 console:
wrong oid format: applName.
Last Message : The job failed

Background Info:
Server: Windows NT Server 4.0 (SP 5)

            256 MB RAM
            27 GB Disk
Database: Oracle 8i (8.1.5) (no patches)
                OEM 2.0.4 (no patches)

I have created a local user on this server (which is by Preferred Credential for the node) with Administrator privileges. This user has also been given "Log on as Batch job" rights on the server.

The script generated by OEM when I set this job up throught the GUI is: run

allocate channel APS_Channel01 type disk format 'G:\BackupChannel\APS\b_%u_%s_%p';
sql 'alter system switch logfile';
backup

   ( database include current controlfile ); backup ( archivelog all delete input ); }

Any ideas?

Please respond to mike_at_delriotech.com as well as to the group. Thanks!!! Received on Sun Feb 06 2000 - 17:15:24 CST