partitioning <-> partioned views

From: Wim Derweduwe <wim.derweduwe2_at_yucom.be>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 00:21:31 +0100

Hello,

I've a question about oracle.

We keep for all countries data for 4 months in our database. We now created for every month and country a new table that has an initial extend just big enough to hold all the data for that country and that period. We got this way a partitioned view and queries go relatively fast if you specify country and period.

But now we are moving to oracle 8i and we want to use partitioned views. Is there anyone that could give us some tips on how we could do this same concept with partitioning?

Regards,

Wim Received on Sat Feb 05 2000 - 17:21:31 CST