problem upgrading 8i to Enterprise Edition (no new options)

From: Andrei Moutchkine <muchandr_at_soda.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: 4 Feb 2000 23:29:19 GMT

My ultimate goal is to get the time series cartidge that comes with the Enterprise Edition to work. Right now I fail even the tsquick demo because Enterprise Edition's INSTEAD OF triggers are required by that cartridge.

I tried to upgrade our standard 8.1.5 server to Enterprise Edition, but I think it didn't finish somehow. The Universal Installer claims to have istalled the EE and now shows it under 'installed products'. The oracle executable has changed and now requires libucb for some reason (platform is SPARC Solaris). However, the v$options still shows such EE features as INSTEAD OF triggers and partitioning (which OUI also claimed to have installed) are still set to FALSE and shell utilities do not say "connected to oracle 8.1.5.0.0 Enterprise Edition" on connect like I expected them.

How can I force the new options on or maybe reinstall EE the proper way, whatever it entails. Am I doing something wrong? I am an Oracle newbie...

Thanks,
-Andrei Received on Fri Feb 04 2000 - 17:29:19 CST