creating partition names with substitution

From: <bzegar_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 22:47:39 GMT

I'd like to be able to set up a script that can be scheduled monthly to automatically drop the oldest partition and create one for the up comming month. What I want to do is have the script substitute a to_char of the sysdate for part of the name of the new partition (e.g. Partition sales_200002 where 200002 came from a substitution). Don't want to have to have someone type in a variable (this client needs this to work automatically). Can someone tell me if this is possible. Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Feb 04 2000 - 16:47:39 CST