Re: Unix and NT Installation

From: go_unix <alex_mathewsNOalSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 13:32:08 -0800

Your answer is incorrect with regards to VMWare. VMWare is a complete virtual PC or virtual machine as they like to put it. It allows you to run multiple OSs concurrently. Right now VMWare runs on top of either Linux or WinNT/2000. Guest OSs cover all Win9X, NT, and 2000. I think it also supports some BSD variant. I do know that it doesn't support any SCO operating systems yet. I don't think it supports Sun Solaris x86 either. You can read more at http://www.vmware.com.