Re: ORA-12663: Services not available on the server / BDE

From: Barry Evans <no_at_spam.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 21:17:13 GMT

While you can use an Orcale 8 client throuch which the bde connects to Orcale the setting in the bde must corrispond to the version of Orcale you are accessing.

BDE settings
server name : the name of the sqlnet service name on the client dll32 : mist be set for the version of oracle you are accessing