Re: file size limitations?

From: Gollum <gollum.NOSPAM_at_image.dk>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 21:13:49 GMT

It is correct that the exp and imp utilities have a 2 Gb file size limit, however several workarounds to break this limit exist (by using stdin/stdout mechanism).

Regarding using datafiles larger than 2 Gb I usually recommend that unless you have a specific need for such large files, don't use them! - at least, not in a production environment. There has been (and might still be) numerous bugs (OS and Oracle) related to this, so let the others find them (while you can run on your stable <2Gb files :-).

Cheers,
Gollum