ORA-12545 - listener and/or tnsnames problem?

From: Fender <efender_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 13:49:26 -0500

I've just set up 8.1.5 on HP-UX 11.0 and I'm getting ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist.

I get this after a couple successful connections from the same remote machine. I've set
NAMES.MAX_OPEN_CONNECTIONS = 9 in network/admin/sqlnet.ora, but this error occurs after the 4th connection. And old connections don't seem to go away. I have to stop and re-start listener to get connected again. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Eric Received on Fri Feb 04 2000 - 12:49:26 CST