orainst.exe gpf'ing in SQL*Net Easy Config, and in Designer 2000 install

From: blinky <me_at_nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 12:35:39 -0500

Machine A = Win98
with Designer 2000 installed
If I run SQL*Net Easy Configuration
I get a GPF from orainst.exe in msvcrt.dll
(I upgraded mfc42.dll & msvcrt.dll to my latest versions - VC6sp2
but no help)

Machine B = Win NT Server 4.0 (Intel)
with Oracle Server 8.0.5 installed
If I try to install Designer 2000 to the same home I get a GPF from orainst.exe during the install
(no module information)

Any suggestions or pointers ? Received on Fri Feb 04 2000 - 11:35:39 CST