8i long columns problem

From: Trevor Pearce <trevor.pearce_at_tradezone.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 15:48:40 +0000

I have installed 8i on a linux box, I then imported a schema from an 805 which imported with no errors.

 The problem I have is that when updating or inserting into the long column on 8i I get the following error: ORA 01704 string literal too long.

However the exact same sql works with no problems on 805

Any ideas welcome as I am all out of mine Trev Received on Fri Feb 04 2000 - 09:48:40 CST