Re: file size limitations?

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:06:25 GMT

Solaris 2.6 doesn't have a 2GB, but the Oracle software might. On my Sun boxes, I can create a file larger than 2GB. But the export utility can't. So when I export, I have to compress the file through a pipe. When I do this, I'm bypassing Export's writing to disk. It's writing to a pipe and the file can be much bigger.

Anyway, to be sure that one of your tablespaces doesn't run out of room and doesn't hit a 2GB file size limit, just add another datafile to the tablespace.

HTH,
Brian

--

Brian Peasland