Re: Data Files getting to large for Server

From: Neil Cudd <neil_at_cudd.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:07:46 -0000

As a clarification on a correct point :

All objects in the SYSTEM tablespace should be owned by SYS. These are created when the database is created by the various catalog.sql, catexp.sql etc. scripts (depending on what options you installed).

You could list all the non-SYS objects :

select segment_name from dba_segments where owner != 'SYS' and tablespace_name = 'SYSTEM'

and then export these objects and re-import to a separate, more appropriate tablespace. This should allow you to unclench your teeth, for a while at least.

hth
NeilC.