Re: Security problem

From: Jaap W. van Dijk <j.w.vandijk_at_hetnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 13:27:00 +0100

I don't think that at the serverside Oracle can reliably detect what client program is sending a command, so this can be no basis for a security scheme. What I think you should do:

In this way end users can use the client software, but cannot themselves use DML on the tables directly.
Maybe using stored procedures is already enough security and there is no need for a secret parameter.

Jaap.

Sex_appeal heeft geschreven in bericht <87e9ri$kos$1_at_lola.ctv.es>...