Re: Encrypted columns

From: Igor V. Podolsky <igoryok_at_soft-review.kiev.ua>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 13:11:45 +0200

Declan Smith <D.Smith_at_itss.nerc.ac.uk> wrote in message news:389842de.0_at_news.nwl.ac.uk...

> Is it possible to create a table with one or more columns of encrypted
data?
> I thought there was a dbms package to do this but can't find it.
>
> I'm on 8.1.5 but a generic solution would be helpful.

Hmm, I suppose better way is splitting table into 2 parts (secured and non-secured) connected with one-to-one relation and granting (or no granting) corresponding select priveleges. Your application will use Oracle security only in this case.

--
Is There A God Or Any Kind Of Justice Under The Sky... (Queen'91)

Igor V. Podolsky (igoryok_at_soft-review.kiev.ua) Received on Fri Feb 04 2000 - 05:11:45 CST