Re: Selftest Software OCP Prep tests

From: Alexander Kornacki <acorn_at_pronet.kiev.ua>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 11:15:28 +0200

Hi,

Hello, who wrote:

> Altho there are a couple of errors in their questions.

Sure, there are some errors, but I believe not in your case.

> One Example:
>
> Question:
> Which three steps should you complete before issuing the CREATE DATABASE
> command? (Choose three).
>
> A. Connect as SYSDBA
> B. Start up an instance.
> C. Create a control file.
> D. Create a database user.
> E. Create a parameter file
> F. Start an instance and MOUNT the database.
>
> Now, to me, from these selections there are only two correct answers: A and E
> However, they also claim that the third correct answer is B, start up and
> instance.

Sure, I would pick A, B and E.

> I believe this answer is incomplete, because to create a database, you should
> start in the NOMOUNT state. They should be more specific.

starting an instance exactly means starting NOMOUNT. when you start MOUNT, you mount the database. when you start OPEN, you open it then.

Even on the Instance Manager Status panel( with that traffic lights), you can spot four database states:

They are consistent enough with this in their docs, and I can't see why I shouldn't start an instance before issuing "CREATE DATABASE".

> Even in their explanations, they say Startup the instance in NOMOUNT state --
> not the same as the actual choice they give you.
>
> For these reasons, buyer beware and STUDY STUDY STUDY!!

And don't overload you brain!!!

I will come back soon with my own questions, you will have a couple of chances to revenge.

Alex. Received on Fri Feb 04 2000 - 03:15:28 CST