Re: High Water Mark in Storage Manager

From: Frank Heyne <fh_at_rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de.erase_me>
Date: 4 Feb 2000 07:17:42 GMT

In article <et$yXwkb$GA.279_at_net003s>
"Jaap W. van Dijk" <j.w.vandijk_at_hetnet.nl> wrote:

> What do you mean, you increased the initial size?

You are right, I wrote it wrong. There were 2 index files, each 500 MB. Because the red bar (within the blue one) in storage manager showed 100 % (it was as long as the blue bar) I added 2 more index files, each 500 MB. So I increased the size of the index files from 1000 MB to 2000 MB, but the red bar is still 100 % of the blue bar. This is weird and it looks to me that it is a state which needs some action.

> You are writing that the storage manager shows the used space and the high
> water mark.

I wrote what I assumed it means, but probably I was wrong. The help was not very helpful.
What I exactly did was the following:

- start storage manager
- click on Tablespaces in the left pane
- now in the right pane there is a table with columns name, status, size, used.
- for index_data, size is 2000 MB, used is 500 MB
- in the column "used" are blue and red bars, which are of the same width

What does this mean? I thought the red bar would be the high water mark, but it might be something totally different?

> So you easily could have an almost
> empty tablespace, with one little table at the eof the datafile, giving you
> a low used space and a high high water mark percentage.

But I assume this would be only the case after somebody deleted a lot of data?

Thank you very much for your help!

Frank Heyne Received on Fri Feb 04 2000 - 01:17:42 CST