Ranging returned rows

From: Milen A. Radev <milenr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 12:00:26 +0200

How can I limit the number of returned rows? For example if I want to show only
rows from 21-30?

I tried "SELECT * FROM some_table WHERE ROWNUM > 20  AND ROWNUM < 31", but in the Oracle SQL Reference is said that WHERE clause with condition checking whether ROWNUM is bigger than any positive number is always false, so there is no rows found.

In MySQL (which is simpler and leaner) there is a keyword "LIMIT m,n" which do the jobs. But I can't find anything similar in Oracle.

Milen A. Radev Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 04:00:26 CST