Help - Deleted ORA file and no Recent Backup

From: Andrew McKelvie <amckelvie_at_fsbdial.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 01:45:42 -0000

We did something silly today with our Oracle 7.3 server and need some help fixing it.

We deleted one of the user .ORA files because it had grown too large, 900 MB instead of 50 MB, and we wanted to rebuild it afresh. Unfortunatly we now can't start the instance even although all three of the services are running OK. We think that Oracle is looking for the .ORA file that we deleted and because it is missing Oracle thinks that the database is corrupt.

Is there anyway of fixing this other than completely re-installing Oracle and recreating the users and the tables within the instance please let me know?

TIA Andrew Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 19:45:42 CST