Re: Doubts about MTS

From: Mark Hodges <mark_at_hodges-technologies.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 01:15:57 -0000

You need to create a second alias in tnsnames.ora, and put

 (SERVER=DEDICATED) in there

ORCL =
  (DESCRIPTION =

        (ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = hostname)
(Port = 1521)
)

    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = ORCL)(SERVER = DEDICATED)     )
  )
Julio wrote in message <389843E5.E60548D4_at_si.unirioja.es>... Greg Stark escribió:

> By putting something like this in tnsnames.ora, note the last line. This > contacts localhost:1521 which is tunneled to the db server port 1521 over an
> encrypted connection.

Thanks for your time and explanation Greg. Anyway, I was looking for something
"easier", so that when you want to perform, for instance, a massive insert, you
could connect through no dispatcher. This way you explain can be useful for this
too.

Thank you very much.
--
Julio Negueruela

'Hay algunas cosas que son tan serias
que solo puedes bromear con ellas.' (Bohr) Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 19:15:57 CST