Adressing Oracle Parallel Server from Oracle Services for MTS

From: <mdeira_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 23:02:06 GMT

I have an 8.1.5 Oracle Parallel Server on an NT 4 Compaq cluster with two instances, let us call them O1 and O2, one on each member. I have a tnsnames.ora file that allows me to connect to a network name, let us say O, which drives my connection to either instance.

When I use a standard Oracle tool, like sqlplus, and my connect string is, for instance, scott/tiger_at_o I have a connection, and I don't need to know to what instance I am connected to.

But I have to work with Microsoft Transaction Server. So I have installed Oracle Services for MTS, and I have tried to create it using the same network name. No way. As soon as I try to access the database through MTS, the service stops running. I had to delete the service and recreate it using one of the other network names, O1 or O2. Has anybody found a solution ? Is my tnsnames wrong (here it is...) ?

O =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(SOURCE_ROUTE = OFF)
(LOAD_BALANCE = ON)
(FAILOVER = ON)
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = host_a)(PORT = 1521))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = host_b)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = somewhere.com)

    )
  )

O2 =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = host_b)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = somewhere.com)
(INSTANCE_NAME = o2)

    )
  )

O1 =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = host_a)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = somewhere.com)
(INSTANCE_NAME = o1)

    )
  )

Thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 17:02:06 CST