Hot Backup issue (DBA only) ...

From: Zeev Milin <zeev.milin_at_dealtime.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 23:01:49 +0200

Hi all.

I would like to delete archive-log files that are generated before some seq#.
Hot backup script i use:

>archive log list; --1

.... <hot backup commands> ...
>archive log list; --2

I would like to delete all archive logs that are useless (before old seq#) in script right after the backup;
ex:

   If the first archive log list comand returns oldest archive sequence no. of 100,

   i need to delete them dynamicly in script using the returned value (not enough storage to keep them).

  rm arc0000001.log
  rm arc0000098.log
  rm arc0000099.log

If anyone wrote such script(Unix/NT), please help. thanks. Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 15:01:49 CST