Reports 2.5 problem with oracle 8.0.5.0.0

From: Nikos Tzortzakis <yiannisziros_at_ath.forthnet.gr>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 22:47:51 +0200

During testing of an oracle 8.0.5 for WinNT (due to migration) I get an error from any report (Reports 2.5 32bit) that performs a query containing an ORDER BY clause with column names. When I replace the column NAMES with column NUMBERS it runs ok. The reports used to run on an oracle 7.2.3 server with no problem.
When I run a similar query (with column names in the order by clause) through SQL*Plus it runs ok.

Any suggestions? (Don't tell me that I have to change all the company's reports :) )

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards
Nikos Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 14:47:51 CST