Re: how do I start multiple listeners on NT?

From: Erwin Dondorp <erwindon_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 21:36:48 +0100

Stephen Tenberg wrote:
> To try to solve my multiple NIC card problem, someone sugested I try
> multiple listeners on different ports.
> I created a second listener, but still only see one NT service. Shouldn't
> that have created a second listener service in the control panel?

You can define more than one network address for each listener, and the listener will listen to all these network addresses at the same time. For multiple NICs you can still use 1 listener. Use the graphical user interface for SQL*Net configuration, or edit the file listener.ora.

Erwin Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 14:36:48 CST