Re: Re-sizing the SYSTEM tablespace

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 20:31:41 +0800

Lynux wrote:

> We come to a problem that we have created our user tables into the
> system tablespace. And now the tablespace is extended to nearly 2G
> of size.
> Our question is how can we shrink the SYSTEM tablespace into its normal
> size after all the user tables are moved to another tablesapce?
> Would someone give your suggestion on this?
> Thanks in Advance!

Once all the tables have been moved, coalesce the tablespace and then issue an 'alter database datafile ... resize'

This probably won't get all of your space back, but it may get some.

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 06:31:41 CST