OCI demos: SegFault on Linux

From: Lothar Armbüster <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 3 Feb 2000 14:37:48 +0100

Hello out there,

I tried to run the OCI demo programs from Oracle 8.1.5 on Linux but they all end up in segmentation faults when linked with shared libs. When I link the programs statically, the run without problems but then the executables are >4MB in size.

The system is Debian Linux 2.2 with glibc 2.1.2 and Oracle 8.1.5.0.1. Do I have to install a glibc patch or is dynamic linking not yet fully supported under Linux?

I also tried to use Pro*C but there I was not even able to compile becaus of SegFaults.

Any ideas?

Lothar

--

Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Hauptstr. 26            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de