shutting down and restarting - for backup purposes

From: Christoph Kukulies <kuku_at_gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: 3 Feb 2000 17:35:32 GMT

We are running a nightly backup on our Oracle server Machine (NT 4.0) and we would like to stop all database activity (shutdown the server with all instances), run the backup (.bat script that is) and resurrect the server with all instances again.

How can this be done non-interactively?

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku_at_gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 11:35:32 CST