Re: managing two instances on same server

From: Aarnie <you_at_somehost.somedomain>
Date: 3 Feb 2000 16:48:48 GMT

I handled that scenario initially by REMOVING the oracle _sid value from my registry. if you dont set it manually(in your batch fileor at the command line), you dont connect to ANY instance (you get the message oracle unavailable). it gets annoying if your half brain dead like myself and forget to setit, so i eventually created a neutral instance (and set ORACLE_SID to it)that does nothing but allow me to connect to preclude damage to my production instances if i go nuts and forget where i've connected ( a frequent enough occurance for myself)

In article <86qe79$t1a$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, chrisoc_at_ans.net says...