update sql server from oracle dbms

From: <bzegar_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 16:25:02 GMT

I have a client that wishes to have a ms sql server db updated with data from an oracle db. It doesn't necessarily need to happen instantly, so a batch process would work. I had suggested using DTS but the client wants it to happen on the Oracle end. Is there a way to do this? I think the client envisions connecting to the sql server db to do an insert from a pl/sql script. I read something in one of the oracle docs about doing an odbc connection to a sql server db but it doesn't give enough details. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 10:25:02 CST