Re: IMP question regarding Oracle schemas

From: Jarek Palka <jarek_at_kamsoft.com.pl>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 16:04:57 +0100

Chuck wrote:
> tables in one tablespace and it's indexes in another tablespace. How
> can I import this schema into another database and segregate the
> tables and indexes into two different tablespaces? Or, should I export
> everything except the indexes, and then rebuild them in the new
> database?

  1. You can import all data with indexes and then rebuild in another tablespace : ALTER INDEX index_name REBUILD NOPARALLEL LOGGING TABLESPACE ts_name;

I attached SQL script REB_IDX which do it automatically for all user indexes.
All indexes move to tablespace TARGET_TABLESPACE:   plus80 user/pass_at_alias @reb_idx TARGET_TABLESPACE

2. Use import parameters INDEXES and INDEXFILE :

INDEXFILE - Specifies a file to receive index-creation commands INDEXES = N - skip index-creation commands

--

Jarosław Palka <jarek_at_kamsoft.com.pl> P.I.KAMSOFT, Katowice tel. (+48 32) 255-59-93, 209-07-05, fax 209-07-15 POLAND