Database Creation

From: <lechkung_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 12:54:33 GMT

Newbie here,

Ok, I guess I confused.

I just created a database (Oracle 8.0.5.1 on OpenVMS) using the ORACLEINS.COM command procedure. Unfortunately, it didn't give me a chance to choose the db_block_size and it defaulted to 2048 bytes. Now I have to get to 8192 bytes, and I gather that I have to recreated the database with the block size I want (ditching the first instance).

Questions:
How do I set the db_block_size when I use the ORACLEINS.COM command procedure?

Are there any other parameters I need to set with the db_block_size that should be set prior or during database creation?

When ORACLEINS.COM created the DB, it appeared to me the catproc.sql was executed, does ORACLEINS do that? What else does it executes?

I'm building the v8.0.5.1 database to upgrade from my v7.3.2.3 DB, and I know that the dbms*.sql scripts (some of them) were run in the older DB. Is there a table in the older DB that I can query to confirm which of the scripts were run? Would I be able to see other scripts that were run (eg. util*.sql)?

If I were to create the database manually using svrmgrl, what scripts and in what order do I run them to build the base tables, data dictionary, etc...?

Thanks in advance!

Greg Lechkun
lechkung_at_dteenergy.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 06:54:33 CST