Re: How to delete column from table containing LONG RAW?

From: Dmitry Sirotkin <sdmitry1_at_mail.ru>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 11:10:38 +0300

Hi!

>If anyone here has a suggestion about how to move that data from the
>original table's LONG RAW column to the new table's LONG RAW, I would very
>much appreciate hearing it.

Actually I don't think that's a big problem. Of course you can't do this neither with PL/SQL stored routine nor anonymous block. But you can write a program with any programming language (such as Delphi or Visual Basic), which will create a new table, copy all the records from the old one to the new one, drop the old table and rename the new.

With best wishes,
Dmitry Sirotkin.

PS: Thanks to Oleg Tretyakov for his idea. Received on Thu Feb 03 2000 - 02:10:38 CST